Managed services business PMGC has created what it describes as the ‘Weightless Office’ - a fully managed, cloud based infrastructure giving businesses the freedom and flexibility to work effectively, both in and out of the office. The technology allows all sizes of businesses to operate more effectively, regardless of location and provides users with the ability to interact with business voice and data systems, without relying on a physical device.
The weightless office functionality is then delivered and supported via NaviSite’s back-end infrastructure and its Desktop as a service. By leveraging NaviSite, PMGC’s Smart Desk provides each user with their own Windows hosted desktop environment that can be accessed from almost any device with an Internet connection. Users can access all of their files, data and applications irrespective of whether they are in the office, or on the road. Applications can be accessed from wherever users need to work without the hardware limitations of the device they need to access it from.
“We needed a solution that provided a seamless user experience, worked across multiple devices, and, most importantly, provided a great user experience for our customers. It’s important that our customers feel enabled by technology,” said Shazad Boota, Chief Technology Officer for PMGC Technology Group. “When we looked at possible suppliers, NaviSite not only demonstrated they had the robust infrastructure we needed, but they went above and beyond to make sure they met all of our goals. We’ve come to trust them implicitly for delivering the best experience to our customers.”
The DaaS solution includes a number of key benefits including:
- Asset-Security: Because data is centralised within secure, Tier 3 data centres rather than stored on at-risk physical hard drives in the field, it is inherently safer.
- Service Reliability: By operating in the Cloud, security and reliability principles are extended to the end users and their devices.
- Financial Resiliency: Ensures that companies only pay for what they use, while avoiding costly over-provisioning.
- End-User Productivity: It allows users a seamless Windows desktop experience, or solely access to critical applications, from any device. This means no learning curve and no impediment to operations
- Resource Accessibility: Allows IT to easily provision access to applications, databases, collaboration tools, and infrastructure elements without access to end-users’ physical machines.
- Enterprise Flexibility: Enables IT to easily provision resources as the company grows; technology assets for existing employees, new hires, termed contractors, or shared terminals can all be activated or withdrawn without increased time commitment or unnecessary capital expenditure.
“We’re thrilled to be working with PMGC to deliver DaaS to its customers,” said Sean McAvan, Managing Director, NaviSite Europe. “Normally this type of offering would only be available to enterprises, but PMGC is ensuring that smaller and mid-sized organisations have access and support to help them embrace the same technology that enterprises have access to. They’re levelling the playing field for businesses here in the UK, and we’re proud to be associated with that initiative.”