Accounting stalwarts Sage have announced they’re moving one of their major products, Sage 50 Accounts, over to the cloud. The new version of Sage 50 – available later this month - has been rewritten and redesigned to work across a range of devices from mobiles through to desktops and online and features a new interface and a new subscription pricing. Sage describes the new changes as “the biggest changes ever made to the flagship software,” and is a big step for a business that boasts 780,000 customers and is used by over 14,000 accountants in the UK.
Sage 50 Accounts, available later this August, has been re-engineered with scalability at its core. The volume of transactions the software can process without impacting performance has increased to 1.5 million and the number of concurrent users who can work on the same data has scaled to 20.
To enable Sage 50 to work in the cloud, Sage has produced a new Sage Drive cloud service that adds the ability to share data securely over the internet, and gives business the ability to share data in the business and with accountants and other partners whenever and wherever they want.
Other new features include;
- one-click navigation – the rewritten interface provides instant access to any ledger - and Sage maintains reduces the time it takes to navigate to tasks by 44% -
- Back-up Manager – data is backed up automatically, without the requirement of all users to log off the system
- Sage 50 Accounts Tracker app - for on demand insight such as top level sales, purchases and bank position. It also provides a convenient search for customer and supplier contact details
- Sage 50 Accounts Mobile Sales app - everything a sales rep needs for quicker sales and better customer relationships, providing the ability to create quotes, orders and invoices in the field
- Additional specialist product modules include Sage CIS and Foreign Trader
Users will be able to buy the solution as a perpetual one off license fee or on subscription from as little as £25 per month.
Lee Perkins, Managing Director, Start-up and Small Business for Sage UK and Ireland, said: “Today is a watershed moment for businesses and accountants moving to the cloud. Sage 50 Accounts is one of the most trusted finance management packages in the UK, and today Sage has made it even better with new capabilities users will love. The redesign is all about providing the best of both worlds – with a great application to run in the office, linked to the cloud, so that businesses can work online with their employees, accountant, and other partners.
“For firms who have not considered cloud solutions before this presents a fantastic opportunity to foster new, more collaborative, and more flexible ways of working within their business and with partners.”
“Working closely with our customers and accounting partners every new feature has been designed to make life easier for both accountants and small business users, giving them even greater insight, control and confidence. This will transform the day-to-day operation of thousands of firms across the UK.”