Open source business Red Hat has launched a new initiative aimed at start-ups and growing businesses, the OpenShift Startup Program will allow businesses to develop on Red Hat’s OpenShift platform as a service entirely for free.
Members will have access to OpenShift Online subscription benefits for development, testing, quality assurance, and production hosting, including full support from Red Hat. As the businesses grow, they then have the option to move their service either on-premise or on to their customers’ private clouds powered by OpenShift Enterprise.
Additionally, the OpenShift Startup Program will also offer developers additional networking opportunities, where selected OpenShift Startup Program participants will have the opportunity be introduced to prospective clients via Red Hat, with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 customers.
Additional OpenShift Startup Program benefits include:
- OpenShift promotional credit, enabling startups to launch their ideas
- Consultative support via Red Hat’s OpenShift operations and marketing teams
- Access to Red Hat’s Customer Experience and Engagement team
- Migration of service from public cloud to private cloud and on-premise installations
- Joint marketing and feature placement on OpenShift Marketplace for relevant services
Privately-held software startups developing a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based product can apply for the OpenShift Startup Program on the OpenShift site