Newcastle based business accountants software business Sage has launched Sage Final Accounts Online an online final accounts software solution which it claims is the first of its kind in the UK.
The cloud-based solution is based on Amazon Web Services infrastructure and was built from the ground up in conjunction with a panel of accountant design partners. The solution has been built to be used on any device and will allow accountants to file final accounts for small business clients from multiple devices at any location as data can be accessed and edited remotely.
The product is being made available to existing Sage customers from today, before being put on general release in March 2015.
Key features in the new solution include:
- Designed for ease of use – ideal for a bookkeeper who would like to move into accounts production or a trainee accountant
- Quick trial balance entries – for speed and efficiency
- Sage 50 nominal account codes – for familiarity
- Secure data via Amazon web services
- iXBRL tagging for UK limited companies only, the sets of accounts will be automatically tagged with the iXBRL tags
- E-filing to Companies House
Sage Final Accounts Online is not the first Sage product to work in the cloud, its Sage One Saas solution currently has 86,000 paying subscriptions and is growing fast and cloud is now part of what Sage calls its “core product modernisation.” However it is the first solution to be built from the ground up for cloud. As Paul Tooth, Managing Director of Sage Accountants’ Division, explains: “This has been designed by accountants, for accountants, right from the top to bottom.” Adding, “We know this will change the way accountants work with their clients online, and top of this it will allow you to take on additional small businesses clients that you previously thought you didn’t have time to support.”