Boston-based copy data virtualisation company, Actifio has launched Actifio Sky for AWS to help businesses improve their data access, agility, and control on the AWS Cloud.
Actifio is used by many organisations to act as a filter in front of their backup and recovery and business continuity solutions to save on data storage costs and the solution powers solutions such as including IBM’s new SmartCloud Data Virtualization (SCDV), and Sungard’s Recover2Cloud cloud disaster recovery services.
Actifio’s copy data virtualisation, decouples data from infrastructure in much the same way hypervisors decouple compute from physical servers enabling organisations to:
- Capture production application data at the block level, as it changes
- Manage that data as a single “golden master,” updated incrementally forever
- Use an unlimited number of point-in-time, virtual copies – available instantly, on demand – across a full range of data management use cases
Actifio recently announced a series of new features and functional enhancements aimed at better supporting the growing number of customers leveraging its patented Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP) technology in support of DevOps use cases. New features include
New features include:
- Authorised developers, DBAs, and data scientists can now access fresh copies of production data securely and instantly.
- Operations are now able to better support users with self-service data access built for the enterprise.
- Simplified protection of test/dev environments - administrators are able to protect, replicate, and restore clones used for test/dev environments whilst minimising the need for storage.
- Enhancements to the popular LogSmart feature - users can go beyond recovery and mount a database at any point-in-time for application development, testing, analysis and more.
- The next generation of Actifio’s powerful Resiliency Director.
Greg Scorziello, Managing Direct Actifio EMEA said. “Actifio improves application development by letting customers build faster, easier and less expensive apps. It improves code quality and time to market. Once an application is live in production, Actifio improves data protection, access, and control. Moreover, it integrates the concept of application retirement, enabling not just access to historical data but access to entire applications already decommissioned from production.”