Orchestration and service management platform business CENX, has a new release of its Exanova Service Intelligence solution, which offers a new real-time network analytics solution for the Internet Of Things (IoT) connectivity, on-demand enterprise access to the cloud, and dynamically scalable Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings.
The solution offers a Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) approach to network operations using big-data for real-time analytics, to enable organisations to improve their service assurance and capacity planning actions.
New features in release 6.1 include
- Real-time performance analytics, with user-defined KPI alarming, to optimise utilisation of elastic Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) infrastructure
- Topology-aware big data analytics to isolate fault and performance issues to a segment of a service path
- Enhanced visualisation of complex multi-point topologies for small cell, macro cell, optical, Ethernet, and IP/MPLS technical domains, and across physical and virtual network functions (VNFs), for end-to-end real-time troubleshooting
- Search on services by customer, port, or network element, to simplify end-to-end service management
- SLA management and exception reporting based on user-defined KPIs, such as Availability and Frame Loss, to trigger corrective actions between customer and provider
Andrew McDonald, Senior Vice President of Core Products, CENX explains their thinking on the new release; “Service providers, who have been first to deploy NFV, are now laser-focused on delivering and assuring high-quality IoT and cloud offerings over that infrastructure. That’s where Exanova Service Intelligence proves essential. It gathers, correlates and analyzes network data across large-scale, dynamic, hybrid networks to drive automated, intelligent operational decisions.”
A sentiment that Glen Ragoonanan, lead analyst of Analysys Mason’s Software-Controlled Networking programme agrees with. “Our recent report highlighted that near real-time analytics powers dynamic inventory which enables closed-loop automation for service assurance, service fulfilment and intelligent capacity planning functions. These enhanced operational functions can improve CSPs’ overall margin by improving operational efficiency and customer service quality.”