Stock Exchange listed UK hosting business Phoenix has announced CloudSure UK, an off-the-shelf next-generation enterprise class infrastructure intended to deliver IT resources as a service. The new service is based on HP's Converged Cloud technology, and promises to offer 'the economies of scale of a public cloud with the flexibility, security and resiliency of a private cloud.'
The service comes in five different versions, based on a user count. The first is for up to a hundred users and the larger package caters for a thousand plus users.
• Small Up to 99 users
• Intermediate 100-249 users
• Medium 250-499 users
• Large 500-999 users
• Enterprise 1000+ users
Within the packages, businesses can choose from operating systems, directory services, file and print services, database and mail services to suit their particular needs with the choices handled via HP's Cloud Service Automation.
"As an HP CloudAgile and Platinum partner, Phoenix is committed to providing the best IT solutions for more than 3,600 customers," says Michael Clifford, director, cloud computing, HP United Kingdom & Ireland. "This new solution strengthens Phoenix's portfolio to meet the needs of the UK mid-market."
Benefits in the Paas solution include;
- 24x7 monitoring and strict SLAs
- Access to UK's major network operators, ISPs and internet exchange points
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification
- Adheres to UK Data Sovereignty requirements
- Day one dual site syndicated private cloud platform
- Syndicated networking and storage solutions
- Commodity unit pricing for compute, storage and networking
- Phoenix manages hypervisor and below
- 30 day licence model
- Ability to burst out to private and public cloud
- Lower cost footprint per VM/Port/GB
Established in 1979 Phoenix is one of the UK's leading providers of hosting, cloud, business continuity and managed IT services, and delivers services to over 3,600 organisations in the UK across a number of sectors.